27th March, 2019
Here it is folks, my Mixed Potato Gratin.
We were short on time, so I sped up the process by part cooking in the microwave which I’ve also added to recipe.
YOU WILL NEED:
4 medium potatoes
1 medium sweet potato
1 small brown onion
1 small red onion
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons plain flour
2 cups milk
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups of grated cheese
– Thinly slice all spuds (I kept the skin on) and slice onions into thin rings
In a greased oven proof dish, layer sliced spuds and onions until all used up.
– On the stove in medium saucepan melt the butter. Once melted, add flour and cook for 1 minute.
– Add half a cup of milk at a time, constantly stirring until all milk is added and sauce has thickened.
– Remove from heat and add cheese stirring for a minute until all melted.
– Add salt and pepper to season and pour over the spuds.
TO COOK – 2 OPTIONS:
Either place in microwave uncovered for 20 minutes on high, followed by 15 minutes covered in oven, and the last 5 minutes uncovered
90 minutes in the oven at 200°C (covered for 80 minutes, uncovered for 10 minutes)
Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Voila! The perfect side dish.