8th July, 2017
We are half way through the school holidays here. It’s been an eventful week of playdates and catchups.
We are all loving the slow mornings and having the chance to see friends who we miss during the busy school term.
Lily has been baking up a storm and these Fairy Cookies are her latest creation.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup oats
– Preheat oven to 180°C. Line cookie trays with baking paper.
– Sift flour into a medium sized bowl, and add oats.
– Melt butter in saucepan.
– Remove from heat and add both sugars to the melted butter and stir until dissolved.
– Allow the butter mixture to cool slightly, before adding the egg and stir gently.
– Pour the butter mix into the bowl of flour and oats and mix until combined.
– Roll into balls and onto baking trays.
– Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe makes approximately 25 cookies.
This recipe is a basic cookie mix. We usually add oats, but not always. You can also add chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts or whatever your heart desires.
The Icing is a simple mix of icing sugar, splash of milk, tablespoon of butter – all whipped together with some pink colouring.